Water Supply Project Eastern and Midlands Region (WSP)
Public participation and consultation forms a key part of the decision making process being undertaken by Irish Water. To date the Project has consulted on a number of factors and incorporated relevant feedback into the development of each subsequent phase of the project. The three previous public consultations have addressed:-
- The need for the Project and the Project Roadmap.
- The constraints that should be examined and the methodology used to identify an emerging preferred option from the four technically viable options available.
- The factors considered in the identification of the Emerging Preferred Option.
Information on previous consultation phases can be found here
Final Options Appraisal Report & EIS Scoping Report Consultation
Following publication of the Water Supply Final Options Appraisal Report and EIS Scoping Report on 8 November 2016, Irish Water is now undertaking a 14 week public consultation process where you can have your say. This consultation will conclude on 14 February 2017.
We would like to invite your
- Is there any additional information that should be considered in the development of the Preferred Scheme?
- Are there any additional environmental issues or alternative methodologies that should be taken into consideration in preparing the EIS?
- How would you like Irish Water to communicate with you as the project progresses towards planning approval?
In addition, there is a series of Public Consultation Open Days where members of the public can ask questions in relation to the Project. Members of the WSP Project Team will be there to answer any questions you may have; so please speak to any member of the team.
The Public Consultation Open Days are as follows:
|Nenagh, The Abbey Court Hotel||Wednesday 16th November 2016||2pm to 8pm|
|Killaloe/BallinaThe Lakeside Hotel||Thursday 17th November 2016||2pm to 8pm|
|Limerick,Strand Hotel||Monday 21st November 2016||2pm to 8pm|
|Tullamore, Tullamore Court Hotel||Monday 28th November 2016||2pm to 8pm|
|Birr County Arms Hotel||Wednesday 30th November 2016||2pm to 8pm|
|Edenderry, Edenderry GAA Club||Thursday 1st December 2016||2pm to 8pm|
|Maynooth, Glenroyal Hotel||Monday 5th December 2016||2pm to 8pm|
|City West, Dublin,City West Hotel||Tuesday 6th December 2016||2pm to 8pm|
You are welcome to attend any of our eight Open Days to be held throughout the study area. The Project Team will be available to answer your questions and listen to your views.